Giraffecycle.com Forum Index Giraffecycle.com
Giraffecycle Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cougars open mic tonight.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Giraffecycle.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
meg

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:19 pm    Post subject: Cougars open mic tonight. Reply with quote

Is that happening tonight? I'm pretty sure it is.
Jill and I are thinking it would be swell if a crew could head out there tonight and have one last hoopla for the holidays.

I know some of you weren't able to attend the boozeup, and this could be the more "chill"version of a meet and greet.

Anyway, we will be there after 10. Love to see yas.
christopher durning

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is tempting. I'm bored as hell.
meg

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh my god! do it!

also Moses D and I think we got Steve Fudge and Troy and others.
Drumwaiter
gros pamplemousse

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

christopher durning wrote:
This is tempting. I'm bored as hell.

I'm glad you came out. I really enjoyed your set.
meg

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, who is drumwaiter?

The rest of the night was a bust, which validated our sourness for this city. Oh god.

Can't wait to get back to Halifax, and Durning can't wait to get back to Montreal.
Drumwaiter
gros pamplemousse

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

meg wrote:
The rest of the night was a bust, which validated our sourness for this city. Oh god.

Can't say I disagree with you at all.
Jabroni

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Details?
christopher durning

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to cougars. Saw friends. Played guitar. Stayed sober. 2am. Meg and Jill and Steve are finishing their last glasses of beer. 2:04. A giant man who was apparently head of security stumbled over falling down drunk (9/10 drunk) and told us to leave. The other 15 people in the bar still had full pitchers. We say we're finishing. He drunkenly grabs Meg. I politely say he shouldn't do that (proof I was polite: I'm a wuss and he was HUGE). He gets offended and keeps asking if she's "my woman". I tell him it doesn't matter, there's just no need to touch her or anyone there. Other workers in bar come over. They tell us he's their boss. They appologize. They try to get him to cool down, knowing he was hammered. He takes the beer away from Jill and Meg. Steve points out how drunk he was and how unprofessional this was. He grabs steve and tells him to leave. Steve says he'll leave on his own. Steve leaves. I follow with Jill and Meg. The head of security stands on the patio yelling at us, calling Jill and Meg cunts as we walk away. He chases after me and follows me up to the street talking about me to his employee who is following him. He's saying he's gonna beat me up as his employee keeps telling him he shouldn't do that and he should just go back to the bar. He eventually listens and goes back to work his glutes or pecs or somthing.

You can be sure I'll be giving the owners of Cougars a call today. I've never seen someone so drunk while working, especially a security job. He was extremely close to hitting me (I'm assuming he thought since I was big that I wasn't a wuss, which I am, and wanted a fight). That guy is fucking dangerous.

Great seeing everyone though!
kellymaraschino

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. A friend wanted to go there (who I guarantee is bigger than that man because he's bigger than everyone). Glad we didn't. Good for you for calling to complain. I don't think businesses should be able to get away with operating like that.

Tucker wrote:
pawlitics
clinton
tickled dink

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to cougars.

This was your first mistake....

I'm not surprised. I've only ever been there a handful of times but of the few I have, most have been met with some kind of trouble. I find the boardwalk in general to be a place to avoid. The crowds are just a different calibre then most of us are used to, and certainly not the kind that would allow one to relax and let down their guard.

Sorry this happened to you Chris, hope it doesn't spoil your outlook on the city. We're not all meatheads.

www.clintoncharlton.com
www.myspace.com/clintoncharlton
www.januarythroughdecember.com
www.reverbnation.com/clintoncharlton
christopher durning

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

clinton wrote:
Went to cougars.

This was your first mistake....

I'm not surprised. I've only ever been there a handful of times but of the few I have, most have been met with some kind of trouble. I find the boardwalk in general to be a place to avoid. The crowds are just a different calibre then most of us are used to, and certainly not the kind that would allow one to relax and let down their guard.

Sorry this happened to you Chris, hope it doesn't spoil your outlook on the city. We're not all meatheads.

Agree about the cougars thing. I was just bored and wanted to see some friends. Last time I set foot in Cougars, though.
kellymaraschino

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

meg wrote:

Can't wait to get back to Halifax, and Durning can't wait to get back to Montreal.

Haha. Don't go to places like Cougars. We have a city full of really beautiful bars with great staff. They might not have dirt cheap draft, but they don't have dirt cheap people there either.

Tucker wrote:
pawlitics
barb
cupcake

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kellymaraschino wrote:

Haha. Don't go to places like Cougars. We have a city full of really beautiful bars with great staff. They might not have dirt cheap draft, but they don't have dirt cheap people there either.

This.
Jeff Keleher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barb wrote:
kellymaraschino wrote:

This.

Yeah I'm not a fan of Clinton's generalizing about the boardwalk. I frequently have a fun, relaxing time down there and have never run into problems or felt uncomfortable. Cougars sucks.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger    
clinton
tickled dink

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff Keleher wrote:
barb wrote:
kellymaraschino wrote:

This.

Yeah I'm not a fan of Clinton's

most people aren't bud, you're not alone....

www.clintoncharlton.com
portcityadam

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to cougars. Saw friends. Played guitar. Stayed sober. 2am. Meg and Jill and Steve are finishing their last glasses of beer. 2:04. A giant man who was apparently head of security stumbled over falling down drunk (9/10 drunk) and told us to leave. The other 15 people in the bar still had full pitchers. We say we're finishing. He drunkenly grabs Meg. I politely say he shouldn't do that (proof I was polite: I'm a wuss and he was HUGE). He gets offended and keeps asking if she's "my woman". I tell him it doesn't matter, there's just no need to touch her or anyone there. Other workers in bar come over. They tell us he's their boss. They appologize. They try to get him to cool down, knowing he was hammered. He takes the beer away from Jill and Meg. Steve points out how drunk he was and how unprofessional this was. He grabs steve and tells him to leave. Steve says he'll leave on his own. Steve leaves. I follow with Jill and Meg. The head of security stands on the patio yelling at us, calling Jill and Meg cunts as we walk away. He chases after me and follows me up to the street talking about me to his employee who is following him. He's saying he's gonna beat me up as his employee keeps telling him he shouldn't do that and he should just go back to the bar. He eventually listens and goes back to work his glutes or pecs or somthing.

You can be sure I'll be giving the owners of Cougars a call today. I've never seen someone so drunk while working, especially a security job. He was extremely close to hitting me (I'm assuming he thought since I was big that I wasn't a wuss, which I am, and wanted a fight). That guy is fucking dangerous.

Great seeing everyone though!

call the police then call the bar
roachie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shit... I missed that ordeal, but get the name of the culprit and I'll make sure that gets dealt with...
Jeff Keleher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clinton wrote:
Jeff Keleher wrote:
barb wrote:
kellymaraschino wrote:

This.

Yeah I'm not a fan of Clinton's

most people aren't bud, you're not alone....

Aww, now you've just made me sound mean.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger    
Jabroni

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This week in general is probably pretty smart to avoid most bars.
PBiz
erectioneering

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Beef wrote:
This week in general is probably pretty smart to avoid most bars.

I agree with this here, and though I agree Cougars can get out of hand, would consider this to be a reasonable assumption for a staff member to be shitplowed enough to act in such a manner. I'm not defending such immaturity, just sayin' is all. Every bar has hadits share of BS since the 20th.
meg

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well we picked Cougars cause of the open mic, not the chaep beer. That is the only reason. I hate this city for bars, but yes next time we'll have a quiet pint at Peppers or something.

But it was worth it seeing Moses D and Chris Durning play. I miss that.
roachie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got some details about what happened, and he doesn't work there... the bartender was pissed about the whole thing. Alcohol.
meg

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roachie wrote:
I got some details about what happened, and he doesn't work there... the bartender was pissed about the whole thing. Alcohol.

One of the bouncers had said he couldn't do anything about him because he was his boss. He meant head of security.
So maybe the bouncer was lying? wtf
That was shitty.

Oh well, after that we walked around the building and contemplated asking a plow for a drive home because getting a cab was impossible. We then went to the Delta where swarms of drunk jackasses were stealing everyones cab. One drunk ass decided it was cool to throw a beer bottle into the foyer. Just missed me and Jlil. Got a cab at 3 a.m.
See you SJ, it was a slice.
clinton
tickled dink

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in all fairness Meg, you live in Halifax. Everywhere you go there is drunk assholes and just like Halifax, you have to know where to avoid.

www.clintoncharlton.com
Jabroni

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clinton wrote:
in all fairness Meg, you live in Halifax. Everywhere you go there is drunk assholes and just like Halifax, you have to know where to avoid.

this too.
Drumwaiter
gros pamplemousse

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really sorry to hear about all of this. I had a shitty night for completely different reasons, but this just tops it off. I had no idea this went down because I was busy packing up so I missed the whole thing. I'm just blown away...
kellymaraschino

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So by head of security, is this for cougars or market square?

Tucker wrote:
pawlitics
meg

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clinton wrote:

Oh I gotcha, I guess I remember places like Cougars and Oleary's on certain nights to be with a cool crew, now they have changed to the shit side. The places here that are cool, have always stayed that way while I have lived here.

Oh well.
fenning

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, drunk people At a bar being assholes, definitely just a Saint John thing...
bleagues

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stopped on here for a beer and left when the band finished. I guess I did the right thing.

I can't imagine drunk people at a bar.....what a novel idea!!!!!!
collide
current age: pervert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kellymaraschino wrote:
So by head of security, is this for cougars or market square?

i don't think he works for either. i think cougars may outsource for bouncers and that douche is the one who provides the bouncers to a couple bars. that or the bouncers are affraid of him, because he was the problem, but they didn't stop him from manhandling the little people
who were talking calmly to him.
he use to bounce and be a dick at neptunes, then show up on nights he didn't work and drink out on the sidewalk and cause a disturbance. i can't recall his name.

please correct me if i'm wrong about the outsourcing. i'm not certain.
just trying to piece together why he would be their boss, so they couldn't
do anything.

loved seeing meg, jill, rob, nikki, moses, and durn tho. i wish we could
have a few more days to hang out.
www.curbside.bandcamp.com free album, free EP
www.myspace.com/stevefudge acoustic
fenning

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott?
collide

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm really not sure what his name is. i've definitely never seen him "bounce" at cougars.
he is very large, but not in the tall way, has short brownish hair, mid 30's i think, and his nose looks like it's been broke a few times.
fenning

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as has his spirit
smokin2neil

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

collide check pm's
meg

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

also the "oh drunk people at a bar, what do you know" thing doesn't fly. If that was the case I would never go to a bar again.
Most people we interact with are actually cool.
fenning

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

true, i just think people shouldn't pretend it has something to do with the city or the bar or anything other than a drunk person at a bar
christopher durning

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just spoke with the owner of the bar. Real nice guy. He says things have been taken care of. Good job, GC.
collide

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just spoke with the owner of the bar. Real nice guy. He says things have been taken care of. Good job, GC.

: )
Drumwaiter
gros pamplemousse

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corey is a really fair person. I'm glad this was resolved.
collide

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, corey is a great guy. i have zero bad things to say about him.
i'm not sure if he he should have bouncers that condone this sort of
behavior and do nothing when a big drunk gets out of hand with
a table of smaller, polite people who were about leave on their own.

i'm sure if he had witnessed the event, he would have stepped in.
fenning

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you are sort of saying one bad thing about him then
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Giraffecycle.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: