Giraffecycle.com Forum Index Giraffecycle.com
Giraffecycle Forum
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SLOOOOOOAN!

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Giraffecycle.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
brufrog
I alos knwo wiine bar sthat hav ewine


Joined: 19 Apr 2005
Posts: 13310
Location: at the pad, beer in sticky fingers

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: SLOOOOOOAN! Reply with quote

http://etixnow.com/events/sloan-feb-17
_________________
"I am very optimistic. I'm a sceptic, but not a pessimist. Despite my doleful-looking face." - EC

https://www.facebook.com/Craig.Pinhey.FrogsPad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website    
Shoot the Band



Joined: 19 Apr 2005
Posts: 9737

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the Tide and Boar big enough for that?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    
brufrog
I alos knwo wiine bar sthat hav ewine


Joined: 19 Apr 2005
Posts: 13310
Location: at the pad, beer in sticky fingers

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shoot the Band wrote:
Is the Tide and Boar big enough for that?


I think they use the Dinner Theatre upstairs - same owner.

I tried to get Sloan to book the Phoenix here but nothing came of it
_________________
"I am very optimistic. I'm a sceptic, but not a pessimist. Despite my doleful-looking face." - EC

https://www.facebook.com/Craig.Pinhey.FrogsPad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website    
PBiz
erectioneering


Joined: 14 Feb 2007
Posts: 7967

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brufrog wrote:
Shoot the Band wrote:
Is the Tide and Boar big enough for that?


I think they use the Dinner Theatre upstairs - same owner.

I tried to get Sloan to book the Phoenix here but nothing came of it


Should've gotten the missus to call 'em.
_________________
clinton wrote:
some say tomato, some say nom de plume
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message    
Cryptowen
Positive Pelé


Joined: 07 Jun 2008
Posts: 3494
Location: Mtl

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pbiz u'd best chek urself b4 u shrek urself
_________________
http://world3.tk/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website    
PBiz
erectioneering


Joined: 14 Feb 2007
Posts: 7967

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cryptowen wrote:
pbiz u'd best chek urself b4 u shrek urself


Check the dictionary before you... well... anything, I reckon with a post like that.
_________________
clinton wrote:
some say tomato, some say nom de plume
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message    
brufrog
I alos knwo wiine bar sthat hav ewine


Joined: 19 Apr 2005
Posts: 13310
Location: at the pad, beer in sticky fingers

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PBiz wrote:
brufrog wrote:
Shoot the Band wrote:
Is the Tide and Boar big enough for that?


I think they use the Dinner Theatre upstairs - same owner.

I tried to get Sloan to book the Phoenix here but nothing came of it


Should've gotten the missus to call 'em.


Ha! You are right. She could have pulled the "We went to elementary school together" card.
_________________
"I am very optimistic. I'm a sceptic, but not a pessimist. Despite my doleful-looking face." - EC

https://www.facebook.com/Craig.Pinhey.FrogsPad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website    
PBiz
erectioneering


Joined: 14 Feb 2007
Posts: 7967

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brufrog wrote:
PBiz wrote:
brufrog wrote:
Shoot the Band wrote:
Is the Tide and Boar big enough for that?


I think they use the Dinner Theatre upstairs - same owner.

I tried to get Sloan to book the Phoenix here but nothing came of it


Should've gotten the missus to call 'em.


Ha! You are right. She could have pulled the "We went to elementary school together" card.


Shit, that might actually work. I was thinking more of a "if you think I'm shittin', call the lawnmower guy".

(It was the lawn mower wasn't it? I really should've checked before referencing that joke haha)
_________________
clinton wrote:
some say tomato, some say nom de plume
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message    
wilkins



Joined: 19 Aug 2008
Posts: 2654
Location: The upper part of downtown.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PBiz wrote:
brufrog wrote:
PBiz wrote:
brufrog wrote:
Shoot the Band wrote:
Is the Tide and Boar big enough for that?


I think they use the Dinner Theatre upstairs - same owner.

I tried to get Sloan to book the Phoenix here but nothing came of it


Should've gotten the missus to call 'em.


Ha! You are right. She could have pulled the "We went to elementary school together" card.


Shit, that might actually work. I was thinking more of a "if you think I'm shittin', call the lawnmower guy".

(It was the lawn mower wasn't it? I really should've checked before referencing that joke haha)

Hahahahaha
_________________
Paint a picture, visions only grey. Light your pillow. Lay back. Watch the flames. I'll tell a story but no one would listen that long. It's hard to imagine.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message    
brufrog
I alos knwo wiine bar sthat hav ewine


Joined: 19 Apr 2005
Posts: 13310
Location: at the pad, beer in sticky fingers

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what the joke is! We don't have a lawnmower guy...?

But she did go to elementary, junior high and high school with Chris.
_________________
"I am very optimistic. I'm a sceptic, but not a pessimist. Despite my doleful-looking face." - EC

https://www.facebook.com/Craig.Pinhey.FrogsPad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website    
kate



Joined: 19 Apr 2005
Posts: 757
Location: Fredericton

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They may also be coming to Fredericton, so I may have 2 tix for the Moncton show for sale...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger    
kellymaraschino



Joined: 16 May 2005
Posts: 7811
Location: palookaville

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would much rather go to, Fredericton. Then again, in Moncton I could eat at Calactus.
_________________
lister wrote:
Viva la pamplemousse

Tucker wrote:
pawlitics
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    
kellymaraschino



Joined: 16 May 2005
Posts: 7811
Location: palookaville

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kellymaraschino wrote:
I would much rather go to, Fredericton. Then again, in Moncton I could eat at Calactus.


Really the only thing Moncton has to offer me is Calactus, metal, and now Sloan.
_________________
lister wrote:
Viva la pamplemousse

Tucker wrote:
pawlitics
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    
brufrog
I alos knwo wiine bar sthat hav ewine


Joined: 19 Apr 2005
Posts: 13310
Location: at the pad, beer in sticky fingers

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kellymaraschino wrote:
kellymaraschino wrote:
I would much rather go to, Fredericton. Then again, in Moncton I could eat at Calactus.


Really the only thing Moncton has to offer me is Calactus, metal, and now Sloan.


The Laundromat is awesome, and Duo/Tide and Boar are great. i still enjoy Pump House too. Not much veggie there tho. There are couple other really nice restos as well.

But I wish they were playing Saint John... I tried.
_________________
"I am very optimistic. I'm a sceptic, but not a pessimist. Despite my doleful-looking face." - EC

https://www.facebook.com/Craig.Pinhey.FrogsPad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website    
The Minion



Joined: 08 Mar 2011
Posts: 390

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Brufrog, what prevented them from playing here? Was it a capacity thing? Money issue?

Perhaps multiple promoters could get in on it and make it so either soon or in the future. I love Sloan, I'd love to see them live and love more so to put on a show for them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message    
brufrog
I alos knwo wiine bar sthat hav ewine


Joined: 19 Apr 2005
Posts: 13310
Location: at the pad, beer in sticky fingers

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Minion wrote:
Mr Brufrog, what prevented them from playing here? Was it a capacity thing? Money issue?

Perhaps multiple promoters could get in on it and make it so either soon or in the future. I love Sloan, I'd love to see them live and love more so to put on a show for them.


Their guy who manages their site etc. has told me several times that it is the lack of an appropriate venue
_________________
"I am very optimistic. I'm a sceptic, but not a pessimist. Despite my doleful-looking face." - EC

https://www.facebook.com/Craig.Pinhey.FrogsPad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website    
The Minion



Joined: 08 Mar 2011
Posts: 390

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brufrog wrote:
The Minion wrote:
Mr Brufrog, what prevented them from playing here? Was it a capacity thing? Money issue?

Perhaps multiple promoters could get in on it and make it so either soon or in the future. I love Sloan, I'd love to see them live and love more so to put on a show for them.


Their guy who manages their site etc. has told me several times that it is the lack of an appropriate venue


Wonder what size they're looking for. They could rock an Imperial Theatre or Trade & Convention Center or hell even a UNB Cafeteria type room. They're big....but not Arena big anymore.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message    
brufrog
I alos knwo wiine bar sthat hav ewine


Joined: 19 Apr 2005
Posts: 13310
Location: at the pad, beer in sticky fingers

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggested the Imperial or The Phoenix Dinner Theatre. <shrugs>
_________________
"I am very optimistic. I'm a sceptic, but not a pessimist. Despite my doleful-looking face." - EC

https://www.facebook.com/Craig.Pinhey.FrogsPad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website    
kellymaraschino



Joined: 16 May 2005
Posts: 7811
Location: palookaville

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might have been an issue of venue + scheduling
_________________
lister wrote:
Viva la pamplemousse

Tucker wrote:
pawlitics
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    
brufrog
I alos knwo wiine bar sthat hav ewine


Joined: 19 Apr 2005
Posts: 13310
Location: at the pad, beer in sticky fingers

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kellymaraschino wrote:
It might have been an issue of venue + scheduling


It was pretty clear that they don't feel there is an appropriate place to play here. I don't think they were too keen on the waterfront tent last time. I mean...we had fun, but it wasn't a great venue.
_________________
"I am very optimistic. I'm a sceptic, but not a pessimist. Despite my doleful-looking face." - EC

https://www.facebook.com/Craig.Pinhey.FrogsPad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website    
PBiz
erectioneering


Joined: 14 Feb 2007
Posts: 7967

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pub Down Under.
_________________
clinton wrote:
some say tomato, some say nom de plume
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message    
brufrog
I alos knwo wiine bar sthat hav ewine


Joined: 19 Apr 2005
Posts: 13310
Location: at the pad, beer in sticky fingers

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PBiz wrote:
Pub Down Under.


works for me
_________________
"I am very optimistic. I'm a sceptic, but not a pessimist. Despite my doleful-looking face." - EC

https://www.facebook.com/Craig.Pinhey.FrogsPad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website    
brufrog
I alos knwo wiine bar sthat hav ewine


Joined: 19 Apr 2005
Posts: 13310
Location: at the pad, beer in sticky fingers

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did any SJers drive up today? The weather scared me off so I gave my tickets away.

We needed to come back tomorrow am so couldn't risk it...

Crap!
_________________
"I am very optimistic. I'm a sceptic, but not a pessimist. Despite my doleful-looking face." - EC

https://www.facebook.com/Craig.Pinhey.FrogsPad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website    
kate



Joined: 19 Apr 2005
Posts: 757
Location: Fredericton

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also didn't make the trip. Glad i sold my tickets earlier in the week, wonder how it was?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger    
kellymaraschino



Joined: 16 May 2005
Posts: 7811
Location: palookaville

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forum user Fernie and hubby turned around partway outta town.
_________________
lister wrote:
Viva la pamplemousse

Tucker wrote:
pawlitics
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    
brufrog
I alos knwo wiine bar sthat hav ewine


Joined: 19 Apr 2005
Posts: 13310
Location: at the pad, beer in sticky fingers

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought their Hardcore package. 7" single, digital download of a bunch of US hardcore punk covers, and a T-shirt http://www.sloanmusic.com/

Fun project!
_________________
"I am very optimistic. I'm a sceptic, but not a pessimist. Despite my doleful-looking face." - EC

https://www.facebook.com/Craig.Pinhey.FrogsPad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website    
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Giraffecycle.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group