Giraffecycle.com Forum Index Giraffecycle.com
Giraffecycle Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SUBMISSIONS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Giraffecycle.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kellymaraschino

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: SUBMISSIONS Reply with quote

We are always interested in fresh content for the front page authored by YOU.

Please contact k dot marino at gmail dot com or cteed at hotmail dot com

We regret that until the day comes we have someone really working at selling ads and have revenue, we regret we can't pay anyone for their work, but if you love your local music and art scene or have an event feature you'd like to write up yourself, never hesitate to make a submissions.

This includes content from Saint John AND Fredericton as well as stuff featuring ex-pats from the region. We'd also be interested in photo or video content.

Tucker wrote:
pawlitics

Last edited by kellymaraschino on Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Minion

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see a few heavy bands mentioned in the news feed sometime in the near future. I've noticed there really hasn't been any heavy bands / hard rock bands listed in the news feed in a long time.

I'm not much of a writer myself, it would just be nice to see GC cover some metal / hard rock for a change since they're also a part of the scene.
kellymaraschino

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. I'd like to assign someone specific to the heavy scene because I'm having increasing problems being everywhere and doing everything.

I'd also really like someone in MONCTON to cover events there.

Tucker wrote:
pawlitics
The Minion

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd give you material if you need it since I book a good number of metal/heavy shows in the city. I'm just not great with words so I wouldn't know where to begin to start say a column on the topic.

Couple of news worthy things though.

Rome Must Fall currently recording material
A Code Of Silence & Dark Envy filmed episodes of Live In Studio on Rogers TV for season 3 of the show and episodes for the season just began this month

Those are 3 local Metal bands at least with something cool to talk about if it helps

As for Moncton, could try hitting up one of the band members of a more popular band. Chris Lewis of Iron Giant / Konjurer might be able to provide some info as he's a pretty active force in the scene.
kellymaraschino

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's more so I have zero time and there is a ton of unrelated GC stuff that hasn't been getting done that I want to concentrate on, if I can be frank with y'all.

Yeah I have thought about asking Chris. I just know he's super busy, but I think I'll hit him up and see.

Tucker wrote:
pawlitics
The Minion

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worth a shot

Well like I said, I'm not good with words but I'd love to provide any metal / heavy band content. Maybe I'll whip a few things up to toss your way, see how it comes out.
The Minion

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have some content for you over the weekend. I just did an interview with Mike Wiggins of A Code Of Silence / Quonset and I'm doing one with Rome Must Fall about their new recording :-)
The Minion

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check your inbox Kelly :-)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Giraffecycle.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: