Giraffecycle.com Forum Index Giraffecycle.com
Giraffecycle Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2014 Harvesting the Arts Festival - September 27th

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Giraffecycle.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
femunculus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:06 pm    Post subject: 2014 Harvesting the Arts Festival - September 27th Reply with quote

March may be in like a lamb in climate, but like a lion in spirit!

Date is confirmed for the eleventh annual Harvesting the Arts Festival, Saturday, September 27th.

To express your interest in participating as a vendor, performer, Doors Open location, workshop/demonstration host, please register www.fusionsj.com, or drop me an email: harvestingsj@gmail.com

Looking forward to harvesting the arts with you this autumn!

Cheers,
Steph

---
FULL FESTIVAL DETAILS:
The eleventh anniversary of the festival is being celebrated Saturday, September 27th, 2014. We are pleased host this event for both our community and our visiting cruise ship passengers to the city that day.

The great success of the new elements developed in celebration of our milestone tenth anniversary will continue to expand upon its annual celebration of art in action and the spectacular harvest season we experience in our region.

A key new element to the festival is our DOORS OPEN concept: welcoming our community and its visitors to witness art in action in a variety of venues and mediums. This allows for the shops and businesses that operate all year round within the BIA to become a part of the vibrancy infused into the Uptown core with the King's Square and Loyalist Plaza open-air markets. We are happy to work with you to develop programming to showcase your business and the art in action that you produce and share to make Saint John the diverse city we enjoy all year long.

We are likewise pleased to consider the option of having your presence at King's Square as well, to host a WORKSHOP or DEMONSTRATION for the public, should your organization or business see more benefit from being directly within the flood of foot traffic and atmosphere within this beautifully refurbished public space.

Another wonderful addition to the heart of the city is with the establishment of FREE WALKING TOURS, being launched Uptown throughout the day's festivities. Each focuses on a different aspect of the highlights within the City's Arts&Culture Policy: shop, eat, work, play, and live. Your location can become a feature stop on the tour, and give a taste of the services and flavour you provide to our community's rich Arts&Culture scene.

Each participating location will receive a pumpkin and poster to put on display, which will signal to the public which venues to visit. "Look for the pumpkins!" allows us to direct people to explore Uptown and step within and bring to the forefront those spaces that form the architectural splendour that is the backdrop of our city. We will also feature an online map that denotes your location and schedule of activities being provided, and an info booth to direct people to the various festivities that can be enjoyed throughout the day.

We welcome you to become a part of this milestone occasion of a cherished festival within our region, and to harvest the vibrant Arts&Culture community that makes us proud to call Saint John 'home'.

To register as a Doors Open location, workshop or demonstration host, free walking tour stop, or to volunteer for this free event, please complete our online registration form, available at www.fusionsj.com, www.facebook.com/harvestingthearts; for more information, or to set up a meeting to discuss how we can showcase your business or organization, please contact me harvestingsj@gmail.com.
giggleycraft
MILF

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Harvesting the arts! Wish I could make it this year, but I am in a friend's wedding that day.
femunculus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*bippity boppity bump*

Vendors, workshops, demonstrations, food truck vendors, walking tours, and some lovely doors open ideas are allll coming together for this annual festival!

Polaris Prize long-list's Greg MacPherson returns this year once again for his exclusive New Brunswick performance as part of Harvesting the Arts Festival!

Beloved David Goss will lead his Graveyard Gambol as we transition from day to night, and into the Witching Hour!

www.fusionsj.com to register
www.facebook.com/harvestingthearts to keep your ear to the ground for all the good stuff!

Cheers,
Steph
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Giraffecycle.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: