Giraffecycle.com Forum Index Giraffecycle.com
Giraffecycle Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dennis Hunt and Friends / Feb 28 KV Billiards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Giraffecycle.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dennisthemenace

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:00 am    Post subject: Dennis Hunt and Friends / Feb 28 KV Billiards Reply with quote

Hey folks.

For the last 20 years that I've been playing music, I've always been a bass player in bands.
A couple of years ago, I took great inspiration from a project that Clinton Charlton tasked himself with. That was his January through December recording project. He wrote great music and put himself on a tight deadline.

After hearing the songs he had created in a short period of time, I thought I'd try my hand at some recording. I played all parts, Guitars, Bass, Drums, vocals and mediocre lead guitar, and learned a bit about recording in the process. This all led to some creative success and some personal growth.

Some of the songs I've written have gotten airplay and others have gotten good response at live shows with my other band Blonde Theory or at Open Mics.

On Feb 28th, I'll be playing about a dozen of my own songs along with some selected cover songs that Ive been singing that cover the genres from traditional country, to pop tunes to good ol rock for a fun night out.

I have no big aspirations other than to be able to say that I got to play my songs live as I had recorded them.

Feb 28th at KV Billiards. $5 at the door.
I hope you can come out and have a beer and hear some original music mixed with some familiar sounds and wonderful musicians.

Dennis

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Giraffecycle.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: