Giraffecycle.com Forum Index Giraffecycle.com
Giraffecycle Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for Apartment rentals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Giraffecycle.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hooligans

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Looking for Apartment rentals Reply with quote

So I'm looking for apartments available in the city.

I have been checking Kijiji, Killiam and Hazen investments for available units. Anyone know where else I should be looking?
Jabroni

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll send you a list of MDUs that have FibreOp. There are also really nice apartments in 2, 3, or 4 unit buildings Uptown too.
hooligans

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lulz. you know me too well, Dan.

truthfully I am looking for a place that has fibre op capable, 2 bedrooms, and allows small dogs for 750 max per month. i know this is a tall order, but if anyone else can help i would appreciate it
Jabroni

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

82 King St
197 Germain St
200 Waterloo Street
181 Charlotte St.
920 Sand Cove Road
119 Elliot Row
349 Main St
243 Prince William St.
10 King George Court
22 Germain St
260 Princess St
91-95 Prince William & includes 34-36 Water St
46 Technology Dr Bldg #1
kellymaraschino

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hooligans wrote:
lulz. you know me too well, Dan.

truthfully I am looking for a place that has fibre op capable, 2 bedrooms, and allows small dogs for 750 max per month. i know this is a tall order, but if anyone else can help i would appreciate it

If you want an actual two bedroom as opposed to 1 + den or 1 1/2, I would be very surprised if you found anything under 850$ unless mean 750 unheated.

Tucker wrote:
pawlitics
hooligans

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not necessarily looking uptown, anywhere in the city [or outside of the city]. I work from home so commute isn't an issue. Thanks for the list, Dan.
hooligans

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found one. Fibre op here i come!
hooligans

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like my current residence isn't work out as I'd hope. If anyone has information on a 2 bedroom that allows a small dog, would have fibre op available, and heat included i would greatly appreciate a heads up. I've been checking the above listen avenues but am having a hard time finding anything that fits. Top end of my price range would be ~850/mo.

thanks.
Shoot the Band

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to think apartment prices in SJ were low, but I don't think that's true anymore. If anything, we seem higher than quite a few places where there are generally a lot more services and the buildings are better maintained.

Which is quite odd if you consider the employment situation in NB.
Jabroni

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shoot the Band wrote:
I used to think apartment prices in SJ were low, but I don't think that's true anymore. If anything, we seem higher than quite a few places where there are generally a lot more services and the buildings are better maintained.

Which is quite odd if you consider the employment situation in NB.

Renaissance City!

So many events that shift around borrowed dollars that didn't come from producing anything real created an artificial economy, boosted property and rental rates is my take on it all.
Shoot the Band

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jabroni wrote:
So many events that shift around borrowed dollars that didn't come from producing anything real created an artificial economy, boosted property and rental rates is my take on it all.

Agreed. Although that the way the economy works. People speculate on real estate, stocks, and other markets all the time based on potential. Saint John has corrected some, but not nearly as much as it should have, imo, and given that there isn't much on solid on the horizon at right now. I could probably sell my house now for about the same as I paid for it, but there was a period in there where I probably could've flipped it and made 20% or so.
Jabroni

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shoot the Band wrote:
Jabroni wrote:

Agreed. Although that the way the economy works. People speculate on real estate, stocks, and other markets all the time based on potential. Saint John has corrected some, but not nearly as much as it should have, imo, and given that there isn't much on solid on the horizon at right now. I could probably sell my house now for about the same as I paid for it, but there was a period in there where I probably could've flipped it and made 20% or so.

Same. Although I still think I could probably get away with still selling easily at 25-30% what I paid but I bought 6 years ago (private), also finished a concrete basement. At its peak in the market I could have gone 40+% what I paid.

Hooligans, you should buy instead of renting. In the next little while you may get the best price for a home since many years ago.
hooligans

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jabroni wrote:
Shoot the Band wrote:
Jabroni wrote:

Same. Although I still think I could probably get away with still selling easily at 25-30% what I paid but I bought 6 years ago (private), also finished a concrete basement. At its peak in the market I could have gone 40+% what I paid.

Hooligans, you should buy instead of renting. In the next little while you may get the best price for a home since many years ago.

I am considering that, but with my current income i am worried that house repairs may come about that i have not been able to save up enough to cover.. its on my list of possibilities along with finding a new apartment. i do appreciate the advice.
wilkins

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contact/check Hazen, they're great. I found a great spot with them, on Queen Square North, overlooking the square, third floor, 2bdrm, heat/lights/electricity/off street parking included, and pet friendly (I don't have a pet).

Can't recommend them enough.
adam
What up, biotech?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buying a house is my #1 regret, and my life is FILLED with regrets.
Shoot the Band

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I don't regret buying my house, especially given how bad the rental stock in SJ is, anyone who tries to say buying a house is some kind of sound long term rock solid investment is nuts. They're a sinkhole for money and time, so it really comes down to how much enjoyment you get out of maintaining and living in your own place.
hooligans

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wilkins wrote:
Contact/check Hazen, they're great. I found a great spot with them, on Queen Square North, overlooking the square, third floor, 2bdrm, heat/lights/electricity/off street parking included, and pet friendly (I don't have a pet).

I've been checking their site as well but the recommendation is appreciated as i haven't dealt with any management companies outside of Scottish enterprises [which i would recommend like crazy].

As far as the house is concerned, Dan C hit it the nail on the head. I don't want to get a house and be burdened with not only paying for but arranging any repairs/maintenance that need to happen. I have enough things to worry about and don't need to add more - however, if it is the best choice i'll have to consider it. sigh. thanks for all the input, and if anyone knows someone who wants to fill a basement apartment give me a holla.
wilkins

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hooligans wrote:
wilkins wrote:

I've been checking their site as well but the recommendation is appreciated as i haven't dealt with any management companies outside of Scottish enterprises [which i would recommend like crazy].

As far as the house is concerned, Dan C hit it the nail on the head. I don't want to get a house and be burdened with not only paying for but arranging any repairs/maintenance that need to happen. I have enough things to worry about and don't need to add more - however, if it is the best choice i'll have to consider it. sigh. thanks for all the input, and if anyone knows someone who wants to fill a basement apartment give me a holla.

Email Hazen directly from website or use: hazen_investments@hotmail.com and tell John Hazen what you're looking for and they'll find it eventually and let you know, just might have to wait 'til it comes available or know of something not yet posted, etc.
hooligans

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ended up finding a reasonably priced apartment in Rothesay that has everything I'm looking for. Checking the place out tomorrow and all systems go otherwise. I find it ridiculous that it would take ~6 months to find a place like this in the city... and end up not finding one in the city
kellymaraschino

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't thinking. My friends just gave up a place on Queen Square North that probably would have worked, but I imagine it's rented now.

Tucker wrote:
pawlitics
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Giraffecycle.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: