Nowadays everyone is using multiple monitors because they are great in enhancing our productivity and also give us great experience as well. And the process of setting up two monitors isn’t that complicated as well.
So if you wish to connect two monitors as well and want to know how to do that then you have come to the right place because in this article I have mentioned 3 methods on how to do that.
Things to check before connecting two monitors
The graphic card
Before connecting, two monitors make sure that your graphic cards support two monitors. Graphics do support two monitors by default but do check it out before connecting two monitors because we do not want to create any issues afterward.
And if your graphics card does not support two monitors then you will be required to buy and install a new one then supports two monitors.
Check the ports on your laptop
Before getting started with the connection, check the available ports on your computer.
There are several ports available like the display port, which gives you a high-definition of audio content.
Then there is a display video interface that is color coded. And then there is the video graphics array which is also color coded. And lastly, there is a high-definition of multimedia interface which is helpful in connecting every sort of video device.
How To Hook Up Two Monitors?
Follow the steps below to learn how to connect two monitors.
Connect two monitors with the help of cables
- Get to know your output port first. See whether it is HDMI, Display Port, USB-C, or VGA.
- Now arrange a cable to connect both the monitors.
- Now insert one end of the cable into your computer’s output port.
- Now insert the other end of the cable into your monitor.
- Switch on the monitor.
- Now on your computer screen, navigate to settings and system and display from there.
- Now scroll down the menu and tap on the multiple display option.
- Now select the display option of your choice. That depends on the function you are using the second monitor for. Whether you are using it to extend the display or duplicate the display. Whatever your reason is to choose it from the drop-down list.
After choosing that, both of your monitors will be connected together.
Connect two monitors with the help of a docking station
You can easily use a docking station to connect both of your monitors.
Connect two monitors with the help of a casting device
If the above-mentioned methods do not work out for you then you can always use a casting device to connect two monitor screens.
- To do the casting, tap on the casting option on your browser.
- Now go to the settings and tap on the cast.
- Now tap on sources beneath the display.
- Now tap on cast desktop and then choose the screen you want to cast. You can also choose if you wish to cast the audio as well or just the visuals.